I know we’re in 2017 but, I thought I would kick off the month by rounding up all the products I received in my ASOS Beauty Calendar last year – I was sharing a lot of the pictures over on my Twitter and Instagram, but it was such a lovely calendar to have that I had to share it on my blog. I will have to make a mental note to myself to share this in November this year but until then, here are my thoughts about the calendar and a full list of everything I received.
So first things first, the calendar was £50 but I think the goods retail over £200 altogether. It’s a mix of make-up and skincare and other bits and you have 24 days to open. I was shocked at the size of the calendar – it was so large. The design is lovely and stuck with the key trends of 2016 by using marble and rose gold for the lettering. Neither of these two are trends I’m crazy about but it was nice to see popular trends reflected in their design. Around the rim of the box they had printed logos of all the brands they included and the back of the box listed all the products inside. I did a brief scan on the ASOS website when I purchased the box to see if I’d like some of the stuff, but didn’t read it all as I didn’t want to ruin my surprises! To be honest with you though, when it came to opening the box I’d forgotten everything I’d read anyway! I’ve taken pictures of the products and listed them all below – enjoy!
Products in order of day received:
- Amie Deep Pore Exfoliating Polish
- Batiste Stylist XXL Plumping Powder
- Burt's Bees Tinted Balm (Rose)
- Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream
- Dermalogica Clear Start Foaming Wash
- Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Daily Cleaning Pads
- Egyptian Magic all purpose skin cream
- Elemis Pro-Radiance Illuminating Flash Balm
- Glam Candy I Hydrate Your Face Moisturiser
- Jane Iredale Smooth Affair
- Murine Bright & Moist Eyes
- The Green Balm Multi-purpose calming balm
- DIY nail down
- Nude by Nature Transulucent loose powder
- Purity 3-in-1 cleanser for face and eyes
- Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit
- Toni&Guy Sea Salt Texturising Spray
- Yes to Cucumber Soothing Face wipes
- Cowshed Soothing Hand Cream
- NUXE Dry Body Oil
- Philip Kingsley Elasticizer
- Monuskin Firming Fiji Facial Oil
- Model Co Lip Enhancer
- Lottie London Mirror
Overall I loved this calendar! It was such a delight to have and I loved sharing it on my Instagram stories and snapchat, I had so many friends ask me about a certain product or say that they have a certain product and they love it. The only products I am not fond of is the DIY nails (too much faff for me) and the Yes to Cucumber wipes (I hate the smell of cucumber) and out of 24 I think that’s excellent! I’d only tried one item from the box before (Balance Me Wonder eye cream) and I was happy to have it again. Everything else was completely new to me and will be something I’ll be trying out throughout the year.
When it came to picking a calendar, I thought at first I would choose one from a brand i.e NYX but then opted against that because I really didn’t want 12 eyeshadows and lipglosses, so that’s when I went looking for one that would allow me to try a range of brands. This ASOS one was a great introduction and worth the money. I already have my eye on my calendar for this year and hopefully it will be the Look Fantastic calendar, I follow the brand on Instagram and they did a reveal for their calendar every day and it looked very awesome. For now, though I’d certainly recommend the ASOS calendar. That and a chocolate calendar – it makes the December mornings much more bearable!